Our Perl services:
- Perl application development
- Perl Web development
- Perl Script development
- Perl CMS development and deployment
- Perl Software support and maintenance
- Perl Integration
- Perl QA/testing
- Perl is free: Perl, Apache, and related technologies are open source and free. On-going overhead cost to vendors for code that continues to run is $0.
- Perl runs basic CGI and is the language that made CGI ubiquitous on the web.
- mod_perl is an advanced implementation of Perl that runs in the Apache web server. It provides extremely fast performance and full access to Apache internals via Perl.
- DB interaction: Perl provides an excellent interface to nearly all available databases, along with an abstraction layer that allows you to switch databases without re-writing all of our code.
- re-usable code architecture (modules, OO, etc.): Perl is architected to allow and encourage re-use. The core block of re-use, the module, makes it very easy to leverage business logic across platforms in web applications, batch scripts, and all sorts of integration components.
- CPAN, the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network, is one of the largest repositories of free code in the world. If you need a particular type of functionality, chances are there are several options on the CPAN, and there are no fees or ongoing costs for using it.
- Multi-use: Perl can be used to develop Web apps, batch processing, data analysis and text manipulation, command-line utilities and apps, GUI apps.
- Multi-language integration: can interact with C, C++, Java, etc. from within Perl code.
- Multi-platform: Perl runs on Linux, MS Windows and many other platforms
Four reasons you should use Perl for your web development
- Ideal web programming language: Perl is an ideal web programming language due to its text manipulation capabilities and rapid development cycle.
- Web Frameworks: There are many web frameworks written in Perl, a leading one is Catalystexternal link.
- Database integration: Perl’s DBIexternal link package makes web-database integration easy. DBIx::Classexternal link – is available as an Object Relational Mapper.
- Web modules: CPANexternal link offers thousands of modules, so almost any task you need to accomplish will be made easier, from URL or image manipulation, to Amazon EC2 APIs and much more.
Contact XcelVations for Perl resources or Perl software development
We have some of very competent personnel in our company who you can hire for your development needs.